Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Balan Balan is offline

Default Selective extraction of data from a table

I tried to sort data using autofilter and advanced filter. Both were not
helpful. My data has the following columns:

Date Name Transaction Qty

The transaction could be "Purchase" or "Sale". Under same names different
types of transactions could be there on different dates.

I want the "Qty" data for the latest date in respect of "Purchase" made by
each per son ( "names"). The latest date is different for different names.
However. When I used advanced filter I am not able to get the required data.
In the criteria range for advanced filter under the Date column I used
=Max() function to filter the latest date for each name. But I am getting
the latest date for the entire range put together (i.e., the max date of all
entries in Date column), instead of the max date for each name under
"Purchase". I tried Index and Match functions also; But I am not able to
frame the formula to suit my requirement using these two functions. Can
you pl help ? Thanks in advance

"CLR" wrote:

Take a look at Data Filter Autofilter..........you should be able to
filter to any specs you have and then copy and paste the resulting
data.........

Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3

"Balan" wrote:

Hi ! I have a table of several rows and columns. I want to extract the
values of select rows fully. The rows I want to select based on 3 different
criteria. For example, the array is a4:m50. Column A has dates.Column B has
names of the customers. Column C lists whether the transaction is "Purchase"
or "Sale". Column D has the unit value. I want to extract the entire row
values for "Sale" transactions by say customer X in column B on one of the
latest dates i.e, if the customer has sold material on more than one day, I
want the data relating to latest date. Through a formula I want to extract
data in respect of more than one customer. Is this possible ? Can any one of
you help ?