Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
JLatham JLatham is offline

Default Formulae querry

Let me ask if I understand correctly:
You have formulas on a sheet (Sheet1) that refer to other sheets, but which
of the other sheets depends on which of those sheets you entered a value into
last?

Example:
Initially you have a formula on Sheet1:
='Sheet2'!A5 * 10
but if you enter a value on Sheet3, cell A5, you wish this formula to change
to:
='Sheet3'!A5 * 10

is that your need? If so, it could be done with VBA code attached to
Sheet2 and Sheet3 and similar sheet's _Change() event.

We need more details describing what is to happen in various cells when you
make changes to others.

"Yiannos" wrote:

I have this workbook with multiple spreadsheets that I use as data input
sheets.
What I want is to have a separate spreadsheet that it will calculate some
formulae for me which are standard for each of the input sheets. My problem
is that I want to specify in a cell in this worksheet, the name of the input
sheet that I want it to use. In other words I want the range in the formulae
in this single spreadsheet to be automatically adjusted based on the value I
will give in a cell.

Is this possible?