Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Rick Rothstein \(MVP - VB\) Rick Rothstein \(MVP - VB\) is offline

Default Week Number using VBA in Excel

And those difficulties you are having are what? The more details you give
us, the better able we are to figure out how to help you.

It looks like you copied John Green's ISOWeekNum function correctly... did
you also copy the YearStart function which the ISOWeekNum function depends
on?

Rick

"Kam" wrote in message
Hi Can you please help to get this script run in excel. as I am finding
difficulties in running.

Public Function ISOWeekNum(AnyDate As Date, _
Optional WhichFormat As Variant) As Integer
'
' WhichFormat: missing or < 2 then returns week number,
' = 2 then YYWW
'
Dim ThisYear As Integer
Dim PreviousYearStart As Date
Dim ThisYearStart As Date
Dim NextYearStart As Date
Dim YearNum As Integer

ThisYear = Year(AnyDate)
ThisYearStart = YearStart(ThisYear)
PreviousYearStart = YearStart(ThisYear - 1)
NextYearStart = YearStart(ThisYear + 1)
Select Case AnyDate
Case Is = NextYearStart
ISOWeekNum = (AnyDate - NextYearStart) \ 7 + 1
YearNum = Year(AnyDate) + 1
Case Is < ThisYearStart
ISOWeekNum = (AnyDate - PreviousYearStart) \ 7 + 1
YearNum = Year(AnyDate) - 1
Case Else
ISOWeekNum = (AnyDate - ThisYearStart) \ 7 + 1
YearNum = Year(AnyDate)
End Select

If IsMissing(WhichFormat) Then
Exit Function
End If
If WhichFormat = 2 Then
ISOWeekNum = CInt(Format(Right(YearNum, 2), "00") & _
Format(ISOWeekNum, "00"))
End If

End Function