Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Mr. Low Mr. Low is offline

Default Excel 2002 : Anway to paste without time values ?

Hello Sean,

I do what you said, but I find that the system date is set at dd/mm/yyyy and
there is no time clock behind it.

Is there any other solution ?

Thanks

Low

--
A36B58K641

"Sean Timmons" wrote:

Try this:

From your desktop

Go to Start Settings Control Panel

Select Regional and Language Options

Click "Date" tab

Look at Long Date format. If hour is included, remove it from the format.

"Mr. Low" wrote:

Dear Sir,

Frequently, I need to paste large reports generated by another business
system in Excel or Excel Reader Format to Excel 2002 worksheet. Many of
these reports has date and time values in a columns

By default the Excel worksheet does not automatically eliminate the time
clock upon pasting. Usually I need to use Format Cell Date 14/03/2001 to
eliminate the clock manually. I find that this is a hassle time consuming
task

01-06-2007 08:32:00
01-06-2007 08:33:00
01-06-2007 08:34:00
01-06-2007 08:35:00
01-06-2007 08:35:00
01-06-2007 08:45:00
01-06-2007 09:02:00
01-06-2007 09:03:00
01-06-2007 09:03:00
01-06-2007 09:22:00

May I know is there a way to set the spreadsheet to automatically eliminate
the time clock upon pasting ?

Many Thanks

Low

--