Peo Sjoblom

Use a named dynamic range

http://www.contextures.com/xlNames01.html#Dynamic

assyume it's named MyList

=AVERAGE(INDEX(MyList,COUNT(MyList)-9):INDEX(MyList,COUNT(MyList)))

or

=AVERAGE(OFFSET(MyList,COUNT(MyList)-1,,-10,))

the first is better since it's not volatile

Peo Sjoblom

"Rob_B" wrote in message
Hi, I have a bowling spreadsheet that I list as:
Date Game1score Game2score

I want to be able to use a weighted average by averaging all scores, but

for
the last 3 dates (6 games), weight them double.

Also, this will be a continually growing spreadsheet. How to I calculate
averages so that it is only looking at the past 10 dates that it is
averaging. I do not want to average the entire sheet.

Thanks for any help.
Rob