Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
bj bj is offline

Default How do I unhide Column A of an Excel spreadsheet?

click on the rectangle above the row list and to the left of the column list
to select all,
in the column lable list get the double arrow and widen and column.
additionally,
cound you have frozen panes so that you have no room to move the column
make sure window freeze pane is not selected.

"Bank Boy" wrote:

That did not work either. I think I will re-save last month's spreasheet and
update it again for this month. Thanks for all the suggestions.

"Peo Sjoblom" wrote:

Maybe it is not hidden, maybe it has been shrunk

try this

press F5, go to A1, then do formatcolumnwidth and set it to 8.43 and press
enter

Peo Sjoblom

"Bank Boy" wrote in message
Causes the "1" to be highlighted, but does not open the column.

"Dave Peterson" wrote:

Another way:

Edit|goto
Type A1
and hit enter

Format|column|unhide

Bank Boy wrote:

In working with a spreadsheet, I hid some of the columns that I was not
using, so that I could work with it better. I hid Column A and now I
cannot
unhide it. I can't highlight the columns before and after to unhide,
because
there is nothing before Column A.

--

Dave Peterson