Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Sunday88310 Sunday88310 is offline

Default Paths for macros

I see your point.
Then I deleted the 'Test' file and opened my original file 'Calendar' to
add some more few things.
- But now when i try to use my toolbar i get a message saying that 'Test.xls
is not found'.
- I went to my menu items in the customised toolbar and checked the 'Assign
Macro' option and found that the 'Macro Name' refers to the 'Test' file that
i saved then deleted from the desktop!

Now does getting that file back make 'Calendar' work?
From what I read it appeared you saved a Macro File in Test? Is that the case?

William<"M"

"Tendresse" wrote:

Hi William, thank you for your reply.
Well yes i can get the 'Test' file back, but that's not the point. My
concern is that i want each document to be working independently. Why would
deleting one file affect the functioning of another in the first place?
I want the customised toolbar to be usable in any 'Calendar' for any year.
I'm not sure why it's not?
Do you know what i mean?
Cheers
Tendresse

"Sunday88310" wrote:

This is a shot in the dark, but can't you go to the trash can and put it back
--
William<"M"

"Tendresse" wrote:

Hi all,
My spreadsheet seems to have a problem finding macros. I'm not sure how this
happened, so i'll try to explain what i did and hopefully someone can give me
a clue on where i went wrong.
- I created a spreadsheet (called 'Calendar'), added a few macros to it and
saved it on our network.
- I also created a new customised toolbar for that spreadsheet. This toolbar
has a few menu items to which i assigned the macros.
- The purpose of one of these macros is to create a new calendar for the new
year. It first displays the 'Save As' dialogue box so the user can choose a
new name for the new calendar, then the macro clears the contents that were
entered from the previous year.
- When i tested this macro and was prompted to Save As, i saved the file as
'Test' on my desktop.
- Then I deleted the 'Test' file and opened my original file 'Calendar' to
add some more few things.
- But now when i try to use my toolbar i get a message saying that 'Test.xls
is not found'.
- I went to my menu items in the customised toolbar and checked the 'Assign
Macro' option and found that the 'Macro Name' refers to the 'Test' file that
i saved then deleted from the desktop!

I can't understand why this happened. All macros were working fine before i
created the 'Test' file. I need help on how to fix this problem.
I want to be able to 'Save As' my original file and still be able to use the
customised toolbar for all original and saved-as documents. Is this possible?

Thanks in advance
Tendresse