Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
JICDB JICDB is offline

Default Vlookup with Hyperlink Problem

I have several worksheets in a workbook that contain data pertaining to a few
hundred bus routes (I work for a public transportation company). They
wanted this in Access but I don't know alot about formal databases but I do
know alot about Excel. I am creating an Analysis sheet that will allow the
user to enter a route number in a particular cell and, with lookup tables, I
am creating a report which shows all of the variables from this route from
the various worksheets. One of the fields is a hyperlink.

When I use the Vlookup function to extract the hyperlink for the route
entered, I get text as a result and it is no longer a hyperlink. Is there a
way to use these two features of Excel (Vlookup and Hyperlink) to produce the
hyperlink of the route selected? Or possibly a way to format the cell
differently? Thanks for your help.