Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup
Dave Peterson Dave Peterson is offline

Default Adding buttons with Macros assinged to new computer

Your life will become much simpler if you include code to create the toolbar
when the workbook is opened and include code to destroy the toolbar when the
workbook is closed.

For additions to the worksheet menu bar, I really like the way John Walkenbach
does it in his menumaker workbook:

Here's how I do it when I want a toolbar:
http://www.contextures.com/xlToolbar02.html
(from Debra Dalgleish's site)

tunterbrink wrote:

I just started a new job and copied my toolbar and personal macro workbook
from my computer at the old job. I am using excel 2003. I copied the file
Excel 11 to a few places on my new computer so this may be part of my
problem. Anyway, when I open excel, I can see the buttons, but when I press
them, it says it can not find the macro. I went to the tools\macros menu and
assigned the macros to the applicable buttons. When I use the buttons in
that particular sesson of excel, they work. My problem arises when I close
excel and re open it. When I do that, my buttons do not work anymore. I
have to go back and reassign the macros to the buttons. Can anyone help?

--

Dave Peterson