Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Janis Janis is offline

Default vlookup has all #na's even though there is a match

I'm in the current sheet, doing this formula on column AI a blank column. I
want to lookup values in column AH on the 98th percentile report column K
which is the 11th column on this other workbook shet?
=VLOOKUP(AH2,'[07-0714 Bay-Downstream Ports 98th Percentile.xls]Port
History'!$A:$K,11,FALSE)
Why doesn't it find any matches? I was extremely careful. I
even cleaned both columns in case there were any spaces. The cells have
groups of letters with a comma, ie. abcd, or abcd,efgh, . There are many
matches. It
should find matches on the other column with another set abcd, or abcd,efgh,

I can't figure out why I get all #na's. I can't even get a match but what
I really want to do is pull in the figures on column I if there is a match on
column K. How do I do that?
thanks,