Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default sort doesn't grab header info

You might be brave enough to allow Excel to guess the extent of the range
that you wish it to sort. I (and others) would recommend that the user
should select the range for himself.
--
David Biddulph

"challa prabhu" wrote in message

It is recommended that the First row of any range is a header. It need not
be bold or colored.

Even if you just select a cell in the first row , during Sort, the whole
range of cells would be selected based on the Sorting condition.

Do the following:

1. Click on the first cell of the range.
2. On the Data menu, click Sort.
3. In the Sort by list click Ascending or Desending.
4. In the My data range has, click Header Row.
5. Click OK. This return to the Worksheet and the data is sorted in
Ascending or desending based on your selection Critirea.

Challa Prabhu

"RichRite" wrote:

When I try to sort in an excel spreadsheet, the sort takes me to the
first
line of data instead of the header. It almost seems to think that the
first
line of data is the header.