Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Mohamed701 Mohamed701 is offline

Default Why only part of the text is merged from excel cell into word?

Hello,
This is how I extract data from excel into word by using the mail merge
feature.

1. Open word document that you wish to insert data that exist in excel file
in it.
2. Go through the mail merge feature and select the excel file as your data
source.
3. Insert the filed with the text you would like to insert where you want
it in the word document.
4. Continue on with the mail merge until you get the final word document
with data extracted from the excel.

Good luck
Mohamed Abdel-Fattah

"challa prabhu" wrote:

Hi,

Could you just illustrate how you were extracting the data from Microsoft
Excel into the Microsoft Word document.

What type of content and format alignment - Text Control - have you assigned
to the cell? So that the same procedure could be tried by us.

I haven't come across such situation, but let us see why it happened.

Challa Prabhu

"Mohamed701" wrote:

I created a word document with merged fields from excel document. For some
reason the there seem to be a limit on the number of charracter that is
extracted from the excel cell contining the desired text data by which only
the initial part of the text appear in the final merged document. How I can
fix that? I am using Microsoft Office Professional edition 2003.