Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
The BusyHighLighter[_2_] The BusyHighLighter[_2_] is offline

Default Enter info in one sheet, auto enter in another based on one field

Hi, I'm new to excel and need very step by step basic directions :)
on how to do the following:

I have a database of names/addresses and whether or not the company is
private.
1) I want to keep a main sheet of ALL information entered
2) I want the data from one row to automatically enter into the other
appropriate sheet as I type it in

For example (and this is simplified): USDA 123 Washington Government
I would want this on the main sheet and to enter itself on the GOVERNMENT
sheet

thanks in advance for any help