Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Pete_UK Pete_UK is offline

Default how do i pull info from one worksheet to another?

Sorry, it should be COLUMN(B1) to get data from the second column.

Pete

On Aug 1, 11:20 pm, Pete_UK wrote:
You can use VLOOKUP for this. If you have the Item number in A2 of
your Report sheet, then enter this formula in B2:

=VLOOKUP($A2,Problems!A$1:F$98,COLUMN(A1),0)

I've assumed that your 98 items are in a sheet called Problems in the
same workbook, and the data occupies A1:F98 - Adjust as necessary.
Copy the formula into adjacent cells C2:F2 to bring information from
your main table of data.

Hope this helps.

Pete

On Aug 1, 11:06 pm, cwjax wrote:

I have a spreadsheet with 98 rows of common problems found while doing
physical surveys of commercial properties. Column 1 contains the item number
(1 - 98). Not all 98 items are found in any one store. How do I create a
report which will bring in the associated information to a blank sheet by
typing in an item number in column 1 (ex. 1, 3, 7, 8, etc.)? TKS- Hide quoted text -