Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Pete_UK Pete_UK is offline

Default how do i pull info from one worksheet to another?

You can use VLOOKUP for this. If you have the Item number in A2 of
your Report sheet, then enter this formula in B2:

=VLOOKUP($A2,Problems!A$1:F$98,COLUMN(A1),0)

I've assumed that your 98 items are in a sheet called Problems in the
same workbook, and the data occupies A1:F98 - Adjust as necessary.
Copy the formula into adjacent cells C2:F2 to bring information from
your main table of data.

Hope this helps.

Pete

On Aug 1, 11:06 pm, cwjax wrote:
I have a spreadsheet with 98 rows of common problems found while doing
physical surveys of commercial properties. Column 1 contains the item number
(1 - 98). Not all 98 items are found in any one store. How do I create a
report which will bring in the associated information to a blank sheet by
typing in an item number in column 1 (ex. 1, 3, 7, 8, etc.)? TKS