Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Sunday88310 Sunday88310 is offline

Default Collaborating in real time

Microsoft Office Groove should do the trick
--
William<"M"

"Kati" wrote:

I am very new to excel spreadsheets, and am in desperate need of help
figuring out how to collaborate with employees across the nation in real
time.

I have a list of almost 12,000 clients in an excel spreadsheet - currently
we have a chaotic email-back-and-forth system for all of our client updates.

I have been researching for 2 weeks for hours on end on how I can possibly
find a program that will allow me to upload this main file to *somewhere*
where all the employees can edit and make changes without having to
continuously download, save, re-upload, then send via email.

One of the major problems I am contending with is the format of the excel
spreadsheet - its difficult to edit or add information in cells that are so
tiny - and because this file is so large (8MB of back-to-back names and
numbers) I can't seem to find an efficient way to enter new data under
current client names, including notes on their account, new addresses, etc.
without making a complete mess of the already filled tiny cells.

I am so frustrated with this, I can't seem to find any solutions! I've tried
wikis, share servers, online "desktops" but it all seems to boil down to the
inability to update and edit information in a coherent, organized fashion
because of the spreadsheet format.

I don't know what to do - copying and pasting each customers information
into an entirely new program would take MONTHS - is there any one who can
help me? Please??!??

And thank you very, very much.

Sincerely,
Kati