Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
alli alli is offline

Default overtime calculation

Thanks!!! That worked just how I needed it to!

Thanks a ton!!!

alli

"Toppers" wrote:

=MAX(0,A1-40)

where A1 is total hours

"alli" wrote:

I am trying to compile a time card in excel for the employees in the shop. I
have it set up to enter the hours worked per day and then at the end of the
week calculate total hours, regular hours(40 if in overtime) and overtime.
Overtime is a regular occurance, but some don't even hit 40 hours. how do I
make a calculation in the overtime box that will not be affected by those
that did not reach overtime for the week????
Any help would be great.....