Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Michael Michael is offline

Default getting rid of "#N/A" in columns

Try this
On each of the sum formulas:

If(Iserror(Sum(A1:A5)),0,Sum(A1:A5))

"JC" wrote:

How do i get rid of the dreaded #N/A answer? I have a cell that is a sum of
6 cells, but those 6 cells are also sums of other cells...EX:

Group 1 fills out A1, A2 & A3...the fromula in A4 automatically sums those.
Group 2 fills out B1, B2, & B3...the formula in B4 automatically sums those.
Group 3 fills out C1, C2, & C3...the formula in C4 automatically sums those.

I want a sum of all of those, so in A10 I say =A4+B4+C4...however there
maybe some times when column C isn't filled in so there is an #N/A in C4, so
my sum in A10 will read #N/A instead of summing the two of three that are
filled in..any suggestions?