Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
squenson via OfficeKB.com squenson via OfficeKB.com is offline

Default SUMIF

This formula looks into column A of the worksheet called "OtherWorksheet". If
it find a value equals to $A12 & D$2, then it remembers the number in the
cell on the same row and in column X. At the end, it adds all these numbers
that have been found.

SUMIF is very efficient, so I can't think of a simpler way to perform this
operation, specially if the content of OtherWorksheet is changing from time
to time.

geebee wrote:
hi,

I have a worksheet in which there are lot of formulas like this:

SUMIF('OtherWorksheet'!$A:$A,$A12&D$2,'OtherWorks heet'!$X:$X)

can someone help me interpret this? also, is there a better approach or way
to do this as opposed to having a worksheet full of these SUMIF functions?

thanks in advance,
geebee