Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dave Peterson Dave Peterson is offline

Default Why only part of the text is merged from excel cell into word?

How many characters are coming to MSWord from Excel?

I've never seen the problem with mailmerge, but maybe it's the same problem as
excel has when retrieving a long value from a closed workbook.

It's limited to 255 characters when the "sending" file is closed. But if I open
the sending workbook, I can retrieve all the value.

So....

Maybe you can test to see if there's a difference if you have excel open when
you're doing the merge?????

Mohamed701 wrote:

I created a word document with merged fields from excel document. For some
reason the there seem to be a limit on the number of charracter that is
extracted from the excel cell contining the desired text data by which only
the initial part of the text appear in the final merged document. How I can
fix that? I am using Microsoft Office Professional edition 2003.

--

Dave Peterson