Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
JLatham JLatham is offline

Default Linked cells slowing me down?

You may need both workbooks - remember the one in question is nothing but a
bunch of links.

"Matthew" wrote:

On 31 Jul, 23:28, Elizabeth
wrote:
It is basically a checklist. There aren't any graphics or objects - just
those linked cells. I had two dropdown lists at one point, but took those
out to see if they were the problem. Is there any diagnostic tool that can
help me figure out if it's corrupted somewhere?

"Matthew" wrote:
On 31 Jul, 23:08, Elizabeth
wrote:
It's only about 45 rows, but there are three values that do this on four
sheets.

"Matthew" wrote:
On 31 Jul, 22:56, Elizabeth
wrote:
I have a small workbook that I'm trying to cheat into a database. I have a
simple formula (=B2). That I use to replicate a single entry down a full
column and I do this in several places in each sheet. It works great!! The
problem is that the workbook is only 270 KB but has gotten extremely
slugglish. Is all of the linking slowing me down?

Thanks for your help.

Elizabeth,

Do you mean down all 65,000 odd rows ?

Matthew

Elizabeth,

No, this should not be slowing you down, what is the purpose of the
work book? does it have loads of pictures/objects

Matthew

Elizabeth,

e-mail me the work book.

harrison54 at btopenworld dot com