Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
slavenp slavenp is offline

Default Type details into one cell and they copy into another

Steve, thanks for this post. Unfortunately it doesn't seem to work. May I
be doing something incorrect or is there another way to achieve what I
require? Ta.

"steve_doc" wrote:

VLOOKUP function comes to mind

Set up 1 worksheet as your master list eg sheet 1
Name the data eg MasterTable

Ensure that the school name is in the 1st column
then in the cells where you need the data use
=VLOOKUP(lookup_value,table_array,col_index_num,ra nge_lookup)

HTH
"slavenp" wrote:

I have a list of school in two different orders but require to have the same
information listed next to them. Rather than type the information out twice,
how do I set up Excel to copy the text as I write it into the same to schools
on different sheets and on different lines? Hope ya can help!