Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
soph soph is offline

Default Identifying top scores

Hi

I have an array of scores running down one column which correlate to staff
names in another column. I am looking to identify (by name) the top 2
scorers. This in itself seems easy enough except when the top 2 scores are
the same. I am using the Large formula to determine the top scores and can
then use a vlookup to retrieve the staff names however when the scores are
identical I keep ending up with the same name twice. I assume I need to
somehow reference the exact cells of the scores to give me different names
but nothing I have tried (Match/Index) has worked. Any help would be
fantastic

Cheers
Soph