Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
kohai kohai is offline

Default Change Chart Series Formula

Hi,

I have been trying to use John Peltier's awesome chart series change
procedure (Thanks a ton John!) but lately I am having problems that I can't
seem to figure out why the chart series won't change.

I have line charts with 1 series per chart and they use defined names for
the date and data.

The macro reads the original formula as: (using debug.print)

=SERIES(,'gsci_rlm.xls'!'raw_weekly_Date','gsci_rl m.xls'!'raw_weekly_COL_E',1)

and I am trying to change the date to ...raw_weekly_3Date which is a valid
named range and works if I manually change the chart.

The new series after the substitution looks like :
=series(,'gsci_rlm.xls'!'raw_weekly_3Date','gsci_r lm.xls'!'raw_weekly_col_e',1)

I continually reciave the error "Unable to set Formula property of Series
Class"

I thought the problem might be associated with the single quotes b/c when
you look at the formula bar in Xcl, you don't see them. I'm stumped b/c the
code looks straightforward and the names are valid, so why won't it work?

Your assistance is greatly appreciated!

Kohai