Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
JLatham JLatham is offline

Default Worksheet tax link to user

First, you should not need a bookmark. Without a bookmark, the document
should simply open at the beginning.

How are you creating your hyperlink? Are you using the worksheet function
=HYPERLINK("link path","Some Friendly Phrase To Display")
or are you choosing text existing in a cell and using Insert | Hyperlink?

Regardless, try using the HYPERLINK() worksheet function just to easily and
quickly test things. You could set one up like:
=HYPERLINK("c:\my documents\glitchedWordFile.doc","Open Glitched Word File")
you can also use a path using network path if you're on a network (works for
everyone better) as:
=HYPERLINK("\\our-server\share\WordDocs\glitchedWordFile.doc","Open Glitched
Word File")

About that error message: are you certain it was an error message? If so,
can you give us more exact wording? There is also possibility that it's just
a security warning message saying "hey, sometimes it's not so safe to just go
merrily clicking random hyperlinks - still wanna roll the dice?" or something
like that <g.

"Joyce S" wrote:

I am setting up a shared Excel document for a group. Each member of the
group will have an individual worksheet identified on the worksheet tab by
their initials.

How do I set up the workbook so when a user opens it, it will go directly to
that user's assigned worksheet?