Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
John Bundy John Bundy is offline

Default Compare arrays

If there will only be one entry on the second sheet, look into doing a
vlookup, it will find a value in a column and return the values from another
column.
--
-John
is helpful.

"youngster" wrote:

I'm not sure if this is an array question or not so hopefully someone can
point me in the right direction if it's not.
I have a list(column) of part numbers on one worksheet that I want to
compare to a list on another sheet. If I find a match, I want to copy the
corresponding price (next column sheet 2) to the price column on sheet 1.
I tried =IF(A1='page2'!A1:A50, 'page2'!B1:B50,0) for cell B2. I was hoping
that if I got a match in the A column, it would output the corresponding
value from the B column.
Any suggestions would be appreciated.