Jamie Collins

Arvi Laanemets wrote:
The workbook KuuRepOleg.xls contains several queries from another

(source)
workbook (GalvCalc.xls), each
one on separate sheet. All of those are single-table queries, most of

them
return 1-2 columns of data (SELECT field ... , or SELECT DISTINCT

field
...), 2 of them return grouped data. And on separate sheet is an

union
query, which merges all data from 2 query result tables with grouped

data to
single table.

If I've followed correctly, you have a union query that operates on
sheets within the same workbook. I think I would have to classify that
scenario as 'querying an open workbook', although 'open' is admittedly
a very loose term in this context <g. Have you tried moving the union
query to a separate workbook to see if this resolves the problem?

Jamie.