Bob Phillips

That suggests I may have got the data wrong way around.

The formula is saying, match the value in Sheet1 cell E5 against column C on
this worksheet, and when found, get the corresponding value from column D.
Is this how it should be?

--

HTH

RP

"Mindie" wrote in message
I have tried doing this but I keep getting #N/A?

"Bob Phillips" wrote:

=INDEX(D:D,MATCH(Sheet1!E5,C:C,0))

--

HTH

RP

"Mindie" wrote in message
I am trying to find out how I can do this. I have 3 sheets in my

workbook.
On sheet one I am trying to compare one cell to other cells in sheet 2

and
the answers are in the next row under these cells. I want to display

these
answers on another cell in sheet 3. For example: Sheet1!E5=C1 THEN

DISPLAY
D1 as the answer to E5, or If Sheet1!E5=C2, then display D2 as the

answer
E5 and so on.