Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
roadkill roadkill is offline

Default copy--paste--special "formula" for a whole column

That should work so maybe your problem has to do with relative vs. absolute
addressing of cells. I don't know your level of expertise and maybe you've
already checked this but, if not, see if you have "$" in cell references
where they don't belong or if you have any missing ("$" causes that
particular row or column to always be used rather than using the cell that's
in the same relative row or column to the cell where you paste the formula).

If this isn't it, a little more information on what "can't get . . . to
work" would be helpful.
Will

"Janis" wrote:

hOW DO YOU copy a formula from one cell to the rest of the cells in the
column? I don't want the contents just the formula. I want to auto-enter it
in the whole column otherwise I have to edit each cell. The problem is I can
get copy/paste-special "formula" to work for one cell at a time but I want to
change all of the cells not just one at a time?

tia,