Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Rick Rothstein \(MVP - VB\) Rick Rothstein \(MVP - VB\) is offline

Default Simple Macro Works on PC But Not Mac--Help!

I see no reason why your loop shouldn't work either. Not being a Mac person,
I can't test this idea out. To start off with, let me state that I have
absolutely no reasoning behind this suggestion other than it can't hurt to
try it.<g What happens if you run your loop backwards? Try changing your
For-Next statement to this...

For RowCnt = EndRow To BeginRow Step - 1

and see if it makes a difference.

Rick

"PBJ" wrote in message
The following macro loops through rows 5 to 500, and if the cell in Column
AG
is dark gray (ie, has a Color Index of 16), hides that row:

Sub HideRows()
BeginRow = 5
EndRow = 500
ChkCol = 33
For RowCnt = BeginRow To EndRow
If Cells(RowCnt, ChkCol).Interior.ColorIndex = 16 Then
Cells(RowCnt, ChkCol).EntireRow.Hidden = True
End If
Next RowCnt
End Sub

This routine works fine on my PC at home (XL 2003), but on my Mac at work
(XL for MAC 2004) it poops out after hiding just the first gray row it
comes
to. Why will this loop through the whole range on my PC but not my Mac?
Doesn't anyone have an alternative?

Please help. This is driving me insane. Thanks!