Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Rick Rothstein \(MVP - VB\) Rick Rothstein \(MVP - VB\) is offline

Default Change Military time on Imported Cell

Yep, you are right... it is not a date. I originally came up with something
close to what 'Teethless mama' posted (except using the pattern string I
posted), but realized the OP wanted to change his data in place, not in
another column. So, when the same pattern string I used in TEXT worked in
custom format, I made the sloppy guess that all was well.

Rick

"Trevor Shuttleworth" wrote in message
Rick

am I right in thinking that this looks OK but it's not actually a time
value ?

Regards

Trevor

"Rick Rothstein (MVP - VB)" wrote in
message ...
Did you try using a Custom format like this..

#0\:00\:00

Rick

"JS" wrote in message
I have imported data into excel and one column contains the military
time.
It is displayed as below. How can I insert a ":" for the entire column
in
the correct place. I have not been able to do it through Format-Cells
menu.

160526 16:05:26
90928 9:09:28
92155 9:21:55