Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Tasha Tasha is offline

Default Dynamic average

Thank you thank you Harlan....That worked. I had forgotten to do that, and
it is perfect!!! Can't thank you enough!!!

"Harlan Grove" wrote:

Tasha wrote...
. . . the last one came up with 0, so I used the other formula
and got #VALUE! error. The cells in D2:AH2 are dates, they are
formated as "d" to only show the number of the day. . . .

If you're using

=AVERAGE(IF(DAY(D$2:AH$2)<=DAY(TODAY()),D3:AH3))

are you entering it as an array formula, after typing it holding down
[Ctrl] and [Shift] keys before pressing [Enter]?