Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Peter Creyf Peter Creyf is offline

Default Quick access toolbar in Excel (Office) 2007 - multiple lines possible?

Hi,

I've just migrated (migrained should be the word) to Win Vista, with Office
2007, and I'm trying to set up my excel so that I can work faster- as I did
in my previous versions.

In the previous versions I had made meny bars that I customized and that
worked better for me with the commands I use most. I was doing the same
with my new Excel, but one cannot make several menu bars any more. At
least, I don't see how. So I tried to put all these commands in the quick
access toolbar, but the toolbar doesn't split it up into different lines but
now I have a huge quick access toolbar wich isn't any good either.

I can't say I like the new layout. Even though I have a relatively nice
screen (large), I try to keep icons small, I try to keep the clutter out,
and now it seems there is so much more clutter and big icons that I never
use. So I minimzed the "Ribbon" because that is total clutter to me.

How on earth do I break up the quick access toolbar into segments so that
this one can fit several (2 or 3 or....) lines?

Thanks for the help.

Peter