Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Jimbob Jimbob is offline

Default Is it possible to not count hidden cells?

I think I may have worded that wrong. When looking at the subtotal funtion,
I find that it still seems to count items that are filtered out using
autofilter. Is there a way not to count the items that are filtered out by
autofilter?

"Wigi" wrote:

Hi

Have a look at the SUBTOTAL function.

In particular, pay attention to which argument you should use.

--
Wigi
http://www.wimgielis.be = Excel/VBA, soccer and music

"Jimbob" wrote:

I am trying to set up a log, of sorts that will allow me to keep running
totals. I need this to take the numbers out as the rows are hidden (upon
completion of the task). Is this a possiblity through any normal excel
functions, or is this something that will require a macro? I am running
excel 2003.

Thanks,