Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dallman Ross Dallman Ross is offline

Default Look Up

"Fiona" wrote in message

Hi, I am trying to get a lookup formula to read 3 cells in one
row, then compare it to my look up list.

e.g, A1 is South A2 is East, A3 is London, B1 is London, B2 is
England, B3 is UK

In C1 I have London and C2 I have LOND.

I want my formula to equal C2 if any of the cells A1 - A3 equal
C1, and so on.

I think this might do what you want:

=IF(ISERROR(MATCH(C1,A1:A3,FALSE)),"",C2)

I could not see your posts in the group, but only could see
Roger's followups for some reason. From what you describe,
though, the above ought to work, I believe. One possible
flaw is that it is case-insensitive. If you want case-
sensitive matching, we'll have to think of something else.

--
dman