Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Janis Janis is offline

Default vlookup prob with all #n/a's

Sorry, I forgot to give you the formula:
=VLOOKUP(A3,A:B,2,FALSE)

It does not appear to be right and I'm having trouble understanding the
vlookup function. Something should be matching.
thanks,

"Jim Thomlinson" wrote:

Assuming you have the formula correct then it could be an issue with your
source data. Check for blank characters at the end of each item in the list.
If your list was a download from another system very often you get blank
characters padded at the end.
--
HTH...

Jim Thomlinson

"Janis" wrote:

What am I not gettin?

I have a list in column A. I want to find an exact match on column B if
there is one.

I have the vlookup formula in column C. In column C all I get is #n/a.
There are some matches so something is wrong with my formula.

Please help.

tia,