Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
John Bundy John Bundy is offline

Default Generating text surrounded by quotation marks

In B1 ="''" & A1 & "''"
that is a quote " then two ' then quote " at the beginning and end
--
-John
is helpful.

"AaronQRules (a.k.a. Jeff)" wrote:

I am looking for a way to make a text string to appear in quotation marks.

For example, if someone types in the text string Titanic in cell A1 I need
to be able to generate in cell B1 the exact text "Titanic" (with the quotes
visible around whatever is types in cell A1)

I can't figure it out. The use of quotation marks in formulae is compounding
the problem. Has anyone else ever solved this mystery.

Jeff