Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Amber Amber is offline

Default CountIf embedded in an IF statement

If I may ask, what are the -- for???

"Toppers" wrote:

already replied to your previous posting ... be patient!

=SUMPRODUCT(--(MONTH(A2:A100)=X1),--(B2:B100=X2))

X1=6 (June) (assume all in same year)
X2=XIAPPLXRP110

"Amber" wrote:

Good Morning,

I have a situation where I would like to count the number of orders created
by a certain person within a specific month.

What I would like to say is Count the number of orders that were placed in
the month of June for XIAPPLXRP110

Here is the formula I was trying to use which obviously did not work.
=IF('Raw Data'!a2:a14000(left,A2,2,=6/),COUNTIF('Raw
Data'!B:B,"XIAPPLXRP110"),"")

Here is some sample data below.
Date Creator Order #
6/5/2007 SCHMINKN 427998
7/24/2007 SCHMINKN 427954
6/27/2007 XIAPPLXRP110 428031
7/2/2007 XIAPPLXRP110 427985
6/18/2007 PATTEEA 427947
7/8/2007 PATTEEA 427944

HELP Please. I am trying to do these myself but I am struggling.