Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Jim Cone Jim Cone is offline

Default Can't see Trace Precidents sometimes.

Mike,
Some things to try, but I don't really know whether they will help or not...
1. Switch to a different printer
2. Help | About Microsoft Office Excel | Disabled Items (button)
3. Control Panel | Accessibility Options | Display (tab)...
The Use High Contrast setting should not be checked.

4. Help | Detect and Repair
--
Jim Cone
San Francisco, USA

"Mike Q."
wrote in message
Jim
Thanks for your reply and yes it was already checked. Sometimes I can see
everything and 10 minutes later they are gone. On the post-it notes I can
see the words but not the background which makes them hard to read. Any
suggesting of where to go or another place to ask?
--
Mike Q.

"Jim Cone" wrote:
Go to... Tools | Options | View (tab).
Objects|Show all should be checked.
--
Jim Cone
San Francisco, USA
(Excel Add-ins / Excel Programming)

"Mike Q."
wrote in message
Windows XP Professional, Excel 2003
When I had Windows 2000, Excel 2000 here at work and had no problems,
now with new computer I sometimes can see the Trace Precidents, Post-it's,
and clip art (from computer or pictures of documents from scanner), but most
of the time not. Even when I do see them, if I scroll up or down the part or
whole that went off the screen disappears. If I highlight the area of the
picture there is a "white hole" where it is. If a macro is assigned to it I
can click on it to run the procedure.
Any help or direction of where to go for help would be appreciated.
--
Mike Q.