Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
osaka78 osaka78 is offline

Default Divide and round

EXACTLY can you help me in how to automaticlly add the difference in the M1
i.e 8.333 in B1:L1 and 8.337 in M1

"Mike H" wrote:

I don't know what you are actually doing but using 'Round' actually changes
the number ( as do TRUNC & INT etc) so when you add the numbers up again all
the bits after 8.333 are gone.

Unles you are using ROUND for a reason change the way you are doing it to:-

=A1/12

and display it to 3 decimal places by selecting the cell and then

Format|cell|number

select 3 decimal places

Doing it that way only changes the way the number is displayed, the
underlying number doesnt change and will add up correctly.

Mike

"osaka78" wrote:

yes in B1:M1 is 8.333

"Mike H" wrote:

More info. I suspect your using

=ROUND($A$1/12,3)

For the division displayed to 3 decimal places?

Mike

"osaka78" wrote:

if any one can help

e.g i have $100 in A1 and like to divide it by 12 and round the figure to 3
decimal place and put the result in B1 to M1 and then total of (B1:M1)in N1
the result is $99.996 how can i make it $100 without manually changing the
figures in B1:M1

Regards