Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Max Max is offline

Default Copy Data only if the cell has a value

One way using formulas to get the required results ..

Illustrated in this sample:
http://www.flypicture.com/download/ODE0NA==
Copy only lines with data in key col over.xls

Source data as posted assumed in sheet: receipts entry worksheet,
in cols A to C from row2 down, with key col = col C, Auth#

In sheet: Cash and charge summary,

In A2:
=IF('receipts entry worksheet'!C2="","",ROW())
Leave A1 blank

In B2:
=IF(ROWS($1:1)COUNT($A:$A),"",INDEX('receipts entry
worksheet'!A:A,SMALL($A:$A,ROWS($1:1))))

Copy B2 to D2. Select A2:D2, copy down to cover the max expected extent of
source data in "receipts entry worksheet".

Hide away col A. Cols B to D will return the required results, all neatly
bunched at the top, ie only the lines from "receipts entry worksheet" with
charge authorization numbers.
--
Max
Singapore
"David" wrote:
Greetings:
A B C

Concert 1 $ 00.00
Concert 2 $ 00.00
Concert 3 $ 75.00 3333
Concert 4 $ 00.00
Concert 5 $ 25.00 5555
Concert 6 $ 00.00

I am working between two worksheets in the same workbook.

In one worksheet called €śreceipts entry worksheet€ť I have 3 columns, the
first column is concert date, the second column is the total amount of
individual tickets sold and the third column is the charge authorization
number. I have to record the individual tickets sold per concert date on a
daily basis.

I can copy cell contents from one worksheet to another: ='Receipts Entry
WorkSheet'!E19 with no problem. I dont know how to write a formula if the
cell is empty. I think this is an IF type formula but I could be mistaken

I want to transfer the amount of individual tickets sold for each concert
AND the authorization number to another worksheet called €śCash and charge
summery€ť. If there is no authorization number there is nothing to transfer.

So using the above example I would only transfer the amounts and
authorization numbers for concerts 3 and 5. This could and will change
everyday. Some days all the concerts have individual ticket sales and some
days only one concert would have a ticket sale and then again some days no
individual ticket are sold.

Question: If there a way to transfer amounts and authorization numbers to
another worksheet only if there is a charge authorization number?

--
David