Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
John E. Golden John E. Golden is offline

Default Time Formatting Does Not Work for me

"Sandy Mann" wrote in message
I'm not one of the mind readers that seem to frequent these NG's sometime
so can you tell me what actually happens when you try to format the cells
as time?

Sandy
and the crowning place of kings

"John E. Golden" wrote in message
Hello,

I have been trying to format some cells so that I can insert a simple
elapsed time in minutes and seconds (like 24:35), but when I try to
format the cells, the formatting seems to have a mind of its own.

Help would be appreciated.

Regards,
John E. Golden

I tried every one of the 'Time' Formats that didn't have an AM or PM
associated with it. Some of them deleted the 24 minutes, others added a
date.....al kinds of weird stuff.

Regards,
John E. Golden

P. S. Sorry you're not a mind reader.