Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
manuel manuel is offline

Default dismiss blanks in lookup

I don't think my question was clear. I want to lookup a number in Column A
and return the value in column B. if the cell in column B is blank then find
the next occurance of my lookup number in column A and return the value in
column B. if the cell in column B is blank again keep repeating untill you
find a a non blank cell.

Thank you again,
--
Manuel

"Manuel" wrote:

Hi, I have 3 columns
column A - 6 digit numbers that may repeat.(no blank cells)
column B - dates or blank (some blank cells)
column C - lookup formula
I want the cell in column C to look up a number in column A and return the
value in column B. If the cell in column B is empty, I want to find the next
match in column A and so on until it finds a date in Column B. Thank you in
advance.
--
Manuel