Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Harlan Grove[_2_] Harlan Grove[_2_] is offline

Default Multiple "lookup_value"

"Harlan Grove" wrote...
However, I don't see this as a practical concern in spreadsheets. Unique
value lookups aren't even guaranteed in databases except when the lookup
is on key fields. Spreadsheet tables are even less likely to have key
fields than database tables, so I wouldn't expect even multiple field
lookups to produce just one or zero matches.

I think I missed the point that this was a lookup problem.

If the last value would be as acceptable as the first, there's

=LOOKUP(2,1/(A2:A7="Apple")/(B2:B7="m")/(C2:C7=2),D2:D7)

but if the first match is preferable, better to use INDEX(..,MATCH(..)) as
already proposed.