Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
DannyD DannyD is offline

Default Why are access query results different in Excel

I have a query in Access. The SQL for the query is:

SELECT Format([qryContributionsAll]![Date],'yyyy') &
Format([qryContributionsAll]![Date],'mm') AS [Month],
Sum(qryContributionsAll.Amount) AS Total
FROM qryContributionsAll
WHERE (((qryContributionsAll.Comment) Not Like "*Designated*"))
GROUP BY Format([qryContributionsAll]![Date],'yyyy') &
Format([qryContributionsAll]![Date],'mm');

In Excel 2007 I went through the process of importing the query into Excel.
I did this by going to the Data tab, choosing "From Access", I choose my
Access database, I choose my query, I choose to view the data as a table.
Then, the data appears in Excel.

The problem is that the data that appears in Excel is different than the
data that appears in Access. You can see from my SQL above that I have
"WHERE" statement that filters the data. When I view the query in Access the
data is filtered according to the WHERE statement. However, when the data
appers in Excel the WHERE statement is not applied. In Excel the data
appears as if there is no WHERE statement in the query.

I am trying to figure out how to make the WHERE statement apply to the data
when it appears in Excel.