Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
pdberger pdberger is offline

Default changing cell references

If you're trying to change a number of references, you can us 'Find and
Replace'. For example, you're trying to change a lot of A5 references:
1) Select the range of cells you want to change.
2) Select Ctrl-H.
3) Enter what you want to change, ie, A5
4) Enter what you want to replace it with, ie, B6

Press enter.

Hope that's what you were shooting for.

"Sly" wrote:

I reformulate

A B
1 sheet2!A5 sheet2!B5

I used find and replacle to change cell ref

IE find 5 replace 6 in order to change de cell ref

is there an easier way ?

Thanks for your help

"Bernard Liengme" wrote:

Your question is not too clear fro me. But I think you might find the
INDIRECT function of use.
Suppose A1 has the value B2 then =INDIRECT("Sheet2!"&A1) will cause Excel to
display the value in Sheet2!B2
best wishes
--
Bernard V Liengme
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Sly" wrote in message
Is there an easy way to change a cell ref without having to go in the cell
change that ref

IE

A B
1 sheet2!A5 sheet2!B5

I want to change those cell ref to

1 sheet2!A6 sheet2!B5

Using an other cell to icrease the lookup reference