Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Older-but-better Older-but-better is offline

Default Multiple "lookup_value"

I would insert a blank column (d) set up a composite index in an blank column
(D)
D2=A2 & "-" and B2 & "-" & C2 then copy down the column.

You can then use vlookup to find the value you want

Ex vlookup(d2:e20,"Apple-m-1",2,False)

A B C D E
Fruit Size Weight Index Price
Apple m 1 0.1
Apple s 2 0.2
Grape l 3 0.2
Banana s 1 0.25
Pear m 2 0.35
Apple m 2 0.1

"Noel" wrote:

Pls help me how to write a formula on multiple lookup_value".

=LOOKUP(lookup_value,lookup_vector,result_vector])

My question is based in the lookup_value. Is it possible that i can have
multiple lookup_value?

Fruit Size Weight Price
Apple m 1 0.1
Apple s 2 0.2
Grape l 3 0.2
Banana s 1 0.25
Pear m 2 0.35
Apple m 2 0.1

I like to look for the "Price" of apple(fruit) that is M(size), 1 (weight)
from the table above. How do I do it? I need an exact match for the
lookup_value

i tried a combination of lookup and concatenate formulas but is not working.
Please help me.

Thanks a lot!