Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Noel Noel is offline

Default Multiple "lookup_value"

Hi Jim,

Thanks for your reply but it seems that it's a partial answer to my question
or i may not be getting you. Let me try again.

Fruit Size Wt Price
Apple m 1 0.1
Apple s 2 0.2
Grape l 3 0.2
Banana s 1 0.25
Pear m 2 0.35
Apple m 2 0.1

Based on the table above, my customer asks me what's the price of aN APPLE,
M size and weight is 2. I may have several entries of APLLES with different
SIZES and WEIGHTs but I need the price for a specific condition/criteria
given.

Thanks again.

"Jim Cone" wrote:

The DGet function does the job and avoids the use of an array formula...
With your posted data in B5:E11 and
the following "criteria" data entered in G2:H3...
size weight
= "=M" = " =1"

This formula returns 0.1...
=DGET(B5:E11,4,G2:H3)
--
Jim Cone
San Francisco, USA

"Noel"
wrote in message
Pls help me how to write a formula on multiple lookup_value".
=LOOKUP(lookup_value,lookup_vector,result_vector])
My question is based in the lookup_value. Is it possible that i can have
multiple lookup_value?

Fruit Size Weight Price
Apple m 1 0.1
Apple s 2 0.2
Grape l 3 0.2
Banana s 1 0.25
Pear m 2 0.35
Apple m 2 0.1

I like to look for the "Price" of apple(fruit) that is M(size), 1 (weight)
from the table above. How do I do it? I need an exact match for the
lookup_value
i tried a combination of lookup and concatenate formulas but is not working.
Please help me.
Thanks a lot!