Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
JLatham JLatham is offline

Default Vlookup & Concatenate?

watch out for linewraps - these are one-liners in a cell:

=IF(ISNA(VLOOKUP(A1,B$1:C$1501,2,0)),"",A1 & " " & VLOOKUP(A1,B$1:C$1501,2,0))

or
=IF(ISNA(VLOOKUP(A1,B$1:C$1501,2,0)),"",CONCATENAT E(A1,"
",VLOOKUP(A1,B$1:C$1501,2,0))

if you want a more visible indication of no match condition, change ,"", to
something like ,"No Match",

"Saxman" wrote:

I have a list of names (upper and lower case letters) A2:A26 formatted as txt
in worksheet named 'Txt'.

In columns B:I I have the following headings in the first row:-

Horse
Runs
Wins
Second
Third
Winmoney
Totalmoney
CD

I wish to match the txt data in column A (shorter list up to A26) against
column B (longer list up to B1501). All data in column A is in column B. All
data in column B is in upper case. After matching, I would like column A data
along with the corresponding data in columns C:I dumped in another part of
the worksheet, say K2. Is this possible? The data could then be copied to
another worksheet.

TIA