Dave Peterson

Chip Pearson has a bunch of techniques that deal with start up errors at:

A couple of guesses.

1. Clean up the windows temp folder. (then test it out)

2. sometimes the file that holds the customized toolbar settings gets hosed.
close excel
windows start button|Find (or search)
search for *.xlb
rename them to *.xlbOLD
restart excel

if it worked, delete the *.xlbOLD files and rebuild any customized toolbars.

If it didn't, rename them back to *.xlb---and read Chip's notes carefully!

Mrich wrote:

I just found out that I cant open any excel file.
Even one created on the same machine and after re-installing Excel. I'm
receiving the "excel.exe has generated errors" message again.
Any and all suggestions would be greatly appreiciated.

"Mrich" wrote in message
Hello,
Sorry for the cross post.
I am receiving the following message:

""Excel.exe has generated errors and will be closed by Windows.You will

need
to restart the program
An error log is being created.""

when trying to open xls files that have been copied from another

computer.
Both Excel versions are the same and the file works on the source machine.

am copying it to and from a floppy which also works when opened on the
source machine.
Any ideas will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance.
--